Choose From Category
- Breakfast & Lunch117
- Spices,Masalas & Other Food Ingrediants132
- Oils & Ghees,Ketchups & Pickles64
- Biscuits,Dry Fruits & Confectionary78
- Beverages & Breadspreads104
- Personal Care137
- House Hold Items141
- 500 grams Chicken , with bones
- 1 Onion , finely chopped
- 1 Tomato
- 3 Green Chillies
- 1 tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- 3 Bay leaves (tej patta)
- 1 teaspoon Ghee
- 2 Cardamom (Elaichi) Pods/Seeds
- 2 Cloves (Laung)
- 2 inch Cinnamon Stick (Dalchini)
- 1 teaspoon Whole Black Peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Butter (Salted) , softened
- Salt , to taste
- 2 cups Basmati rice
- 4 cups Water
- For mandi spice powder
- 1 tablespoon Cardamom (Elaichi) Pods/Seeds
- 1 tablespoon Cloves (Laung)
- 1/2 tablespoon Whole Black Peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg powder
- 1/2 tablespoon Dry ginger powder
- 2 Bay leaves (tej patta)
How to make Arabian Chicken Mandi Recipe -Yemeni Style Rice & Chicken
- To begin making the Arabian Chicken Mandi recipe, firstly we will prepare the Mandi spice powder.
For mandi spice powder
- To make the Mandi spice powder, dry roast the cardamom pods, cloves, black pepper, nutmeg dry ginger powder and bay leaves in a on on medium heat for 4-6 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, and allow it to cool.
- Transfer the spices in a mixer jar, and grind into a fine powder using a mixer grinder.
For the Chicken
- Heat a large saucepan on medium heat and add oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add finely chopped onion and sauté till translucent . This will take about 2-3 minutes.
- To the softened onions, add the ginger paste and garlic paste and sauté till the raw smell goes away.
- Next, add bay leaves, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves and black pepper and mix everything well.
- In a mixer jar combine, tomato and green chillies and grind into a puree and add it to the pan.
- When the oil starts to separate, add the chicken and mix. Add 4 cups of water and the Mandi spice powder according to your taste. Mix, cover and let it cook for about 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, turn off the heat.
- We will furthermore bake the chicken, to get a crispy skin.
- In a small mixing bowl, add soft butter and Mandi spice powder and some salt, mix well and keep aside.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees centigrade. Remove the chicken from the stock and place it onto a baking tray and brush with butter and mandi spice powder mixture.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the skin of the chicken turns to a nice golden brown colour.
For the rice
- Wash and soak basmati rice for at least 20 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan on medium heat, and fry the drained rice, stirring continuously for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add this pan roasted rice to the chicken stock. Now slide a large piece of aluminium foil on top of the saucepan and then cover it with the lid. Cook the rice on medium low flame for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid and check if there is any trace of water left. If water is left, then cover and cook for another 3 to 5 minutes. Now fluff the rice with a fork .
- Take ghee in a small bowl and place it in the middle of the rice.
- Heat a piece of charcoal on direct flame until it is sred hot, this will take about 5 minutes.
- Once the charcoal is burning hot, place it in the bowl of ghee that is in the rice. Immediately slide back the aluminium foil and secure with lid.
- Open it only at the time of serving, as it gives a nice smokey flavor to the rice. To serve, spread rice onto a large serving tray and place a piece of baked chicken on the top.
- Serve Arabian Chicken Mandi with Raw Mango raita and Pickled onions for a delicious weeknight dinner.