Choose From Category
- Breakfast & Lunch117
- Spices,Masalas & Other Food Ingrediants132
- Oils & Ghees,Ketchups & Pickles64
- Biscuits,Dry Fruits & Confectionary78
- Beverages & Breadspreads104
- Personal Care137
- House Hold Items141
PALADA PAYSAM MAKING-
- Ready-made Rice Palada - ½ cup
- Sugar - ¾ - 1 cup
- Full fat Milk - 1 litre, approx: 4 ¼ cup
- Water - 1 cup
- Cardamom powder - ½ Teaspoon
- Ghee - 1 Teaspoon
- Wash the rice ada well. Drain the water completely and set the ada aside.
- Take 4 cups of water in a sauce pan, let it come to a rolling boil. Then add in the washed ada and mix well.
- Cover the pan with a lid and remove from heat. Set aside for 20 minutes.
- Then drain the water completely and set the cooked ada aside.
Palada Payasam Preparation:
- In a 5 litre pressure cooker, add in the milk, 1 cup of water, sugar, cooked ada and mix well.
- Pressure cook on high heat until first whistle. Then set the heat to very low, and pressure cook for 45 minutes on very low heat.
- After 45 minutes, remove the cooker from heat and let it sit until the pressure is settled down naturally.
- Then open the cooker, add in the cardamon powder, ghee and mix well.
- Cook the payasam again until it reaches the desired consistency on medium heat.
- Stir at regular intervals to avoid burning in the bottom of the cooker. It will take approx: 10-20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve warm or chilled.
- Use a large pressure cooker(5 litre or more) to make the payasam. If you are using a small pressure cooker, there are chances that the milk will overflow with the first whistle.
- IMPORTANT: After first whistle, reduce the heat to very low setting and continue cooking for about 45 minutes. This will help in caramelizing the sugar and gives payasam the pink color.