Choose From Category
- Breakfast & Lunch118
- Spices,Masalas & Other Food Ingrediants133
- Oils & Ghees,Ketchups & Pickles65
- Biscuits,Dry Fruits & Confectionary78
- Beverages & Breadspreads105
- Personal Care138
- House Hold Items140
Tomato Basil Penne Pasta
- 1 (8 ounce) package penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon basil oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup shredded pepperjack cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh bas
- Step 1
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil over high heat. Cook pasta in boiling water until the pasta has cooked through, but is still firm to the bite, about 11 minutes. Drain.
- Step 2
- Heat basil and olive oils in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook garlic in oil until soft. Add tomatoes, reduce heat to medium, and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in pepperjack, mozzarella, and Parmesan cheese. When cheese begins to melt, mix in cooked penne pasta. Season with fresh basil.
Penne with Red Pepper Sauce and Broccoli
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ cups chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- ¼ cup almonds
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 pound penne pasta
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves, cut into thin strips
- Step 1
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add the onions and saute them for about 5 minutes until they soften; stirring occasionally. Lower the heat a bit and add the garlic and red pepper. Continue to cook the vegetables, stirring often for 15 minutes.
- Step 2
- In a food processor or blender, chop the almonds fine. Add the pepper-onion mixture, the vinegar, and the remaining olive oil; blend all to a puree. Add the salt, black pepper, and cayenne. Blend briefly to incorporate them.
- Step 3
- Arrange a vegetable steamer over water in a saucepan. Bring the water to a boil, and add the broccoli. Cover the pan, and cook the broccoli over medium heat for 5 minutes or a bit longer, until it is tender as you like. Keep it warm.
- Step 4
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water until it is just tender. Drain the pasta, and return it to the pot.
- Step 5
- Pour the red pepper sauce, the Parmesan cheese, the broccoli, and the basil into the pot of penne. Heat the contents over medium heat until the pasta is very hot. Mix well. Add more salt and pepper to taste if necessary. Serve the pasta immediately.
Ingredients Of Pasta In Cheese Sauce
- 1 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp flour (maida)
- 1 Tbsp butter salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp black pepper- powdered
- 1/8 Tbsp nutmeg- grated
- 1/4 cup cheese- grated
- 200 gm pasta (dried) of your choice
How to Make Pasta in Cheese Sauce
- In a heavy based pan, heat the butter, stir in the flour and saute till slightly darkened.
- Add milk very gradually, stirring vigorously all the time to avoid lumps.
- Bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes, continuing to stir to avoid scorching.
- Add the salt, pepper, and any other seasoning that you desire.
- Add grated cheese after it is cooked makes it a cheese sauce.
- You can add wine or cream or herbs to this, and then mix the boiled pasta of your choice into it.
- Boil the pasta bite like and add to the sauce