Choose From Category
- Breakfast & Lunch117
- Spices,Masalas & Other Food Ingrediants132
- Oils & Ghees,Ketchups & Pickles64
- Biscuits,Dry Fruits & Confectionary78
- Beverages & Breadspreads104
- Personal Care137
- House Hold Items141
how to cook kerala matta rice – pressure cooker method
How to cook kerala matta rice in pressure cooker. Easy way to cook matta rice.
- 1 Cup Matta Rice
- 7 Cups Water
- Wash and soak the rice for 30 minutes minimum. You can soak upto an hour.
- Take the pressure cooker and add in one cup of water to the cooker. Take a bowl and add in the washed and drained rice. I used 1 cup of rice. Add in 7 cups of water to the bowl. Place the bowl inside the pressure cooker filled with water. Cover the cooker and cook for 8-10 whistles on medium flame. We need this many whistles as we are cooking by pot in pot method. I also like my rice to be soft. So I cook for 10 whistles. It takes about 12-15 minutes. After the said whistles, switch off the flame and let the cooker rest for 30 minutes. Do not open the lid until that time. The rice will absorb and get swollen during the resting time.
- After 30 minutes, open the cooker. There will be lots of water in the bowl along with the cooked rice. Drain the rice on a colander.
- Perfectly cooked kerala matta rice is ready!